The Red Roof Croft House - By Julia Marsh - Digital Pattern
Looking out across a loch, surrounded by mountains is a little croft house with a red roof. This knitting pattern was inspired by that house which is located on the Applecross Peninsular, West Coast of Scotland. Make this knitted croft house as a child’s toy or add weight and use as a bookend.
Yarn suggestions -
- Main colour A: 1 ball 50g Stylecraft Kon-Tiki CottonDK in Ivory or Jamieson’s of Shetland DK #104
- Colour B: 1 ball 50g Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino #340700 or Jamieson’s of Shetland DK#525.
- Colour C: 1 ball 50g Stylecraft Kon-tiki Cotton DK in Slate or Jamieson’s of Shetland DK #122.
Needles - Pair of 3.25mm (US3) knitting needles and two double pointed 3.25 mm (US 3) knitting needles.
Finished size - Approximately 19cm high x 10cm deep x 20cm wide (7.5in x 4in x 8in)
You will also need -
- Blunt tapestry needle
- Sheet foam 1inch thick cut to shape
- Lightweight cotton fabric
- Extra items for bookend version
- 200g rice for weight
- Strong freezer bag
- Anti slip fabric– e.g.for use under floor rugs
- Thread for sewing
Yarn weight: DK
Needle Size: 3.25mm
Format: Digital Download