Mystical Lanterns Blanket Crochet Kit and Pattern in Stylecraft Yarn
This beautiful and unusual blanket has been created by Jane Crowfoot, who also designed the exquisite Lily Pond throw and Persian Tiles.
This unique design has been inspired by Jane’s fascination with the tessellating shapes found in Moroccan architecture and design, and this stunning afghan certainly has a dream-like quality about it, with hints of the Arabian Nights.
Created using a carefully selected palette of Stylecraft Life DK, a soft, practical and hardwearing blend of acrylic and wool which is ideal for throws, blankets, and homeware.
The blanket uses individual Ogee-shaped motifs, which are joined together to form two sets of strips. In total, you will make 158 motifs, consisting of 8 strips with 11 motifs, and 7 strips with 10 motifs + two half motifs (at each end). When completed, the blanket will be approximately 155 x 100cm (61 x 39.25”).
This Yarn Pack contains:
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Cascade (2308)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Cranberry (2319)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Daffodil (2394)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Denim (2322)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Fern (2311)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Fuchsia (2344)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Heather (2309)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Melon (2359)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Mint (2342)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Oatmeal (2303)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Rose (2301)
- 1 x Stylecraft Life DK - Cream (2305) (Joining shade)
- 1 x Pattern as a Physical Leaflet.
To complete your blanket you will need a 4mm or 4.5mm (USG/6 or US7) crochet hook and a knitter's sewing needle.
Please Note: That this colour pack includes all of the yarn needed to make the Mystical Lanterns blanket. The physical pattern uses UK crochet terms.
Yarn weight: DK
Fibre: 75% Acrylic, 25% Wool
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C , Dry Clean - P Bar , Tumble Dry - Low Heat , Cool Iron
super well written pattern I am a beginner and this makes sense to me can hardly wait to make this fast shipping to the states very happy, will purchase from Deramores again Thank You
The pattern booklet I particularly like much better than having to down load and print the pattern.
I am only halfway through the blanket.enjoying it very much.stylecraft life dk very nice to work with. I only started crocheting at the beginning of the year,thought this kit would be difficult but not had any problems. I can’t wait till it’s finished.
Really enjoying making this, love the colours.
Great, wool is lovely, pattern and instructions are very good.