Rainbow Mandala Entrelac Blanket Knit-Along Kit in Deramores Yarn
Develop your knitting skills and learn the intricate technique of entrelac knitting with this beautiful brightly coloured blanket Knit-Along in Deramores Studio DK.
Designed by Sarah Murray from The Cornish Knitting Company, this blanket will be the centre of attention no matter where it is placed!
“I wanted the colours to be bright eruption of colours, radiating out from the centre…For the blanket itself, I’ve only ever seen this type of blanket worked in crochet or Tunisian crochet, so it was a real challenge but an exciting one working out a knitted version. When I was knitting it, it didn’t lie flat on circular needles, so when I eventually cast off, there was quite a dramatic “reveal” when it was finally off the needles which im excited for all of those who are taking part to see for themselves!” Sarah Murray
The Pattern will be available FREE as a Digital Download and will be released over Five weeks every Wednesday at 10.00am BST on our website. To keep up to date with the KAL conversations and get help along the way please join our dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects.
Size: Approximately 155cm diameter
This knitting kit contains:
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Ruby (70006)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Cranberry (70071)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peony (70003)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Purple (70009)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Aubergine (70010)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fir (70012)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Malachite (70014)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Ultramarine (70017)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lapis (70016)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Wine (70045)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Heather (70046)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
A circular 4mm needle, 80cm in length
A circular 4mm needle, 150cm in length
Yarn weight: DK (8 Ply) Light Worsted (US3)
Length: 250m / 273yds per ball
Needle Size: Set of 4 - 4mm DPNs
4mm Circular needles in 80cm and 150cm lengths
Ball weight: 100g / 3.5oz per ball
Tension: 22 sts and 28 rows measure 10cm over stocking stitch on 4mm needles
Fibre: 100% Anti-Pilling Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C, Dry Clean - P, Do Not Bleach,Tumble Dry - Low Heat, Do Not Iron
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
loving the colors
I love this pattern. I have adapted it to make myself a lovely colourful shawl to keep me warm during the coming winter months
Deramores Chunky is pleasant to knit or crochet with. It has a fine choice of colours and soft texture, which works up quickly. It is also hard wearing so great for everyday wear. I am currently making a colourful Afghan blanket. However, the yarn is ideal for warm jumpers, cardigans and jackets with colder weather coming. Bought this at a reasonable price will definitely purchase again.
I haven’t started this project yet as I’m in the middle of a large blanket. After an easy download I had a read of the instructions and I am confident I will be able to copy it and hopefully i can turn It out as beautiful as it looks in the pattern
Couldn’t resist this colourful blanket/ shawl. Lovely pattern and the end result looks great. Lovely to have to brighten the winter months with a rush of colour in your room.