MysteryGhan Crochet Along in Stylecraft Yarn & Scheepjes Yarn
Once again Julie Yeager brings you her yearly Mystery Afghan, this time she is offering 2 colourways with each colourway having an option of 4 different yarns to craft in but your colour per round selection is totally up to you meaning your work is completely unique and 1 of 1. The afghan will consist of multiple motifs with an easy join and finished off with a dark border that acts as a 'frame' to your artwork. When finished, this blanket will measure 66" long.
Choose between the different colour and yarn options by using the drop-down menu just above the 'Add To Basket' button. Firstly, there is Patina, an eclectic mix of purples and green tied together with neutral greys that create a subtle yarn pack that is still full of colour. Beachy is just what you would expect, a blend of blues, greys and whites that remind you of the crashing waves making there way over the waiting pebbles.
The above two colourways are available in the following 4 yarns, Scheepjes Stone Washed XL; a wonderfully soft cotton and acrylic yarn, which knits up nicely on 4mm needles with superb stitch definition. Available in handy 50g balls, this Aran weight yarn is best for multi-coloured afghans and blankets or Scheepjes Stone Washed; A wonderfully soft cotton and acrylic 4 ply yarn with superb stitch definition. Scheepjes Stone Washed is ideal for lovely lightweight sweaters and classic accessories. Also, there is Stylecraft Special Aran; a gorgeous yarn has been made with the art of craft in mind. Expect high quality, 100% acrylic yarn which is ideal for afghans and blankets and finally Stylecraft Special DK; Soft and easy to knit or crochet, this yarn has been made with the art of craft in mind. Expect a high-quality acrylic yarn which is constantly a favourite with knitters and crocheters alike.
This CAL will commence on 3rd January for a duration of 8 weeks, and the pattern will be available from Julie's blog here, she will release a coupon code on her blog which you will use to get the pattern free from her Ravelry.
Yarn Pack - Patina (Scheepjes Stone Washed XL)
- 8 x Lepidolite (870). 7 x Brown Agate (862). 6 x Garnet (850), Yellow Jasper (849). 5 x Boulder Opal (844), Enstatite (872). 3 x Deep Amethyst (851)
Yarn Pack - Patina (Scheepjes Stone Washed)
- 4 x Lepidolite (830), Garnet (810), Brown Agate (822), Boulder Opal (804). 3 x Enstatite (832). 2 x Yellow Jasper (809), Deep Amethyst (811).
Yarn Pack - Patina (Stylecraft Special Aran)
- 3 x Camel (1420), Gold (1709), Mocha (1064), Plum (1061). 2 x Emperor (1425). 1 x Dark Brown (1004), Pale Rose (1080)
Yarn Pack - Patina (Stylecraft Special DK)
- 2 x Plum (1061), Walnut (1054), Mocha (1064), Emperor (1425). 1 x Grape (1067), Camel (1420), Gold (1709)
Yarn Pack - Beachy (Scheepjes Stone Washed XL)
- 8 x Obsidian (869). 7 x Brown Agate (862). 6 x Moon Stone (841), Amazonite (853). 5 x Blue Apatite (845), Boulder Opal (844). 3 x Axinite (871)
Yarn Pack - Beachy (Scheepjes Stone Washed)
- 4 x Obsidian (829), Moon Stone (801), Brown Agate (822), Amazonite (813). 3 x Blue Apatite (805). 2 x Axinite (831), Boulder Opal (804)
Yarn Pack - Beachy (Stylecraft Special Aran)
- 3 x Duck Egg (1820), Mocha (1064), Parchment (1218), Dark Brown (1004). 2 x Cream (1005), Storm Blue (1722)
Yarn Pack - Beachy (Stylecraft Special DK)
- 2 x Dark Brown (1004), Stone (1710). 1 x Cream (1005), Storm Blue (1722), Duck Egg (1820), Parchment (1218), Mocha (1064), Walnut (1054), Denim (1302).
very easy to use
I have always received my order in a timely manner. I live in the US and typically receive everything within 10 days.
Stylecraft is my go to product for most projects. I especially like the Aran and it's wonderful palette of colours.