Mediterranean Summer - The Official Deramores 2019 CAL by Leonie Morgan in Deramores Studio DK
The Mediterranean Summer Crochet-Along (CAL), is the next in the series from talented designer Leonie Morgan of crochet blog Wool n’ Hook. Following the success of our Indian Summer Crochet-Along last Autumn, this CAL is also designed in our Award Winning Studio DK range. Leonie has been inspired by her trips around the Mediterranean and has brought this design to life.
Mediterranean Summer is inspired by the sea, the sun and the art of all the different civilisations that have called the Mediterranean their home at various points in time. There are hints of most in the blanket, from Minoan to Moorish, and of course, the ever-present sun.
The blanket is made of three different square designs with two of the squares featuring a sun design at the centre. There is a ripple section and band of little squares edged with arch motifs and little ‘sunbeams’. The finished blanket is edged with a pretty border to finish off.
This colour pack contains:
Mediterranean Summer - Storm - Inspired by a sudden thunderstorm at the beach when the sea turned slate grey and murky blue.
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Storm Cloud (70065)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Smoke (70026)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Mist (70025)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Merlot (70048)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Oatmeal (70020)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Butterscotch (70061)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Mustard (70058)
Mediterranean Summer - Aegean - Inspired by the Cyclades; the shades of the sea, bright bougainvillea, and whitewashed houses.
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Blue Velvet (70018)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Ocean (70067)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Aqua Green (70054)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Rose (70038)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
Mediterranean Summer - Wild Herb - Inspired by Tuscan wild lavender, rosemary, sage and thyme and ripening grapes on the vines.
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Aubergine (70010)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Heather (70046)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Dusky Lilac (70056)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Blush (70043)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Green Tea (70064)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rosemary (70070)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Vanilla (70068)
The finished blanket size is 142cm x 180cm and Pattern comes in both US and UK Crochet Terminology. The skill level is Intermediate but would suit adventurous beginners too. There are cluster stitches, Front Post and Back Post stitches and some Standing Stitches. All the unusual stitches are fully explained and have step-by-step photographs to help you. You will require a 4mm (US G/6) Crochet Hook size.
The CAL will start on 20th September 2019 and will last for 6 weeks, with a new section of the pattern added every week on Website, dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects, Social Media and on our Newsletter. Pattern release will be every Friday at 10:00 am BST. More information can be found on our Blog.
Yarn weight: DK
Length: 250m per ball
Ball weight: 22 x 100g
Fibre: 100% Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C , Dry Clean - P , Do Not Bleach , Tumble Dry - Low Heat , Do Not Iron
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
Just started doing this blanket and enjoying it
Just started doing this blanket. Colour combination is good. It’ll look good in the lounge.
The yarn us lovely and soft and I've enjoyed making this.
I havent crocheted for years and years and then it was those doilies our Grandmothers had. I loved the modern patterns and colors chosen for the kits. I'm looking forward to upping my crochet skills. My order was received in a very timely manner and I'm glad you sealed the beautiful yarn in heavy plastic because the postal service beat the box up! I'm enjoying the Facebook page also. So nice to see heartwarming posts amongst all “those other” posts
I love the texture of this wool and I’m really enjoying following the pattern which is varied and interesting