Mediterranean Summer - The Official Deramores 2019 CAL by Leonie Morgan in Deramores Studio DK
The Mediterranean Summer Crochet-Along (CAL), is the next in the series from talented designer Leonie Morgan of crochet blog Wool n’ Hook. Following the success of our Indian Summer Crochet-Along last Autumn, this CAL is also designed in our Award Winning Studio DK range. Leonie has been inspired by her trips around the Mediterranean and has brought this design to life.
Mediterranean Summer is inspired by the sea, the sun and the art of all the different civilisations that have called the Mediterranean their home at various points in time. There are hints of most in the blanket, from Minoan to Moorish, and of course, the ever-present sun.
The blanket is made of three different square designs with two of the squares featuring a sun design at the centre. There is a ripple section and band of little squares edged with arch motifs and little ‘sunbeams’. The finished blanket is edged with a pretty border to finish off.
This colour pack contains:
Mediterranean Summer - Storm - Inspired by a sudden thunderstorm at the beach when the sea turned slate grey and murky blue.
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Storm Cloud (70065)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Smoke (70026)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Mist (70025)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Merlot (70048)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Oatmeal (70020)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Butterscotch (70061)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Mustard (70058)
Mediterranean Summer - Aegean - Inspired by the Cyclades; the shades of the sea, bright bougainvillea, and whitewashed houses.
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Blue Velvet (70018)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Ocean (70067)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Aqua Green (70054)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Rose (70038)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
Mediterranean Summer - Wild Herb - Inspired by Tuscan wild lavender, rosemary, sage and thyme and ripening grapes on the vines.
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Aubergine (70010)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Heather (70046)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Dusky Lilac (70056)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Blush (70043)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Green Tea (70064)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rosemary (70070)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Vanilla (70068)
The finished blanket size is 142cm x 180cm and Pattern comes in both US and UK Crochet Terminology. The skill level is Intermediate but would suit adventurous beginners too. There are cluster stitches, Front Post and Back Post stitches and some Standing Stitches. All the unusual stitches are fully explained and have step-by-step photographs to help you. You will require a 4mm (US G/6) Crochet Hook size.
The CAL will start on 20th September 2019 and will last for 6 weeks, with a new section of the pattern added every week on Website, dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects, Social Media and on our Newsletter. Pattern release will be every Friday at 10:00 am BST. More information can be found on our Blog.
Yarn weight: DK
Length: 250m per ball
Ball weight: 22 x 100g
Fibre: 100% Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C , Dry Clean - P , Do Not Bleach , Tumble Dry - Low Heat , Do Not Iron
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
Excellent as always
Deramores never fail with value, quality & speed of delivery Another great CAL beautiful colours too
What a good pattern!
It is difficult, but in a way that challenges your skills, and helps you to build upon those you maybe don't know yet! The colours are great as well.
Great products, great prices
There’s is just about everything you could wish for for all of your yarn related needs here. Plus the prices are great with a rewards system too!
CAL first timer!
I am enjoying this challenge to myself. I am delighted with the colour scheme of the Kit that I chose. Enjoying using the Facebook group and Youtube demos
Its going great as I'm in the process of using this pattern easy to follow fast download.