A Typical British Summer KAL by Jane Burns in King Cole Big Value DK 50g
Join in with the first King Cole Knit Along, starting 17th June 2019. A Typical British Summer KAL is designed by the talented designer Jane Burns and uses King Cole Big Value DK 50g range in 7 beautiful, vibrant colours.
This yarn pack contains:
- 11 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - White (4020)
- 6 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Fuchsia (4034)
- 5 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Turquoise (4044)
- 5 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Yellow (4027)
- 3 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Saxe (4040)
- 1 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Grey (4052)
- 1 x King Cole Big Value DK 50g - Royal (4041)
- 8 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - White (710)
- 5 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Hot Pink (1848)
- 4 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Azure (3366)
- 4 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Buttercup (1600)
- 2 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - Saxe (718)
- 1 x King Cole Cottonsoft DK - French Navy (741)
This project is suitable for the adventurous beginner onwards. It assumes that you can cast on and off and work knit and purl stitches. There are both written instructions and charts to help you along the way.
You will require: 4mm knitting needles, 3.25mm knitting needles, locking stitch markers, sharp scissors, tape measure or ruler, sharp darning needle, toy stuffing, sewing needle and thread.
Individual squares 25cm x 25cm (10in x 10in) (excluding Beach Huts)
Finished Blanket 150cm x 150cm (60in x 60in)
Tips for success:
- Keep all your yarn labelled, when working in artificial light it can be easy to mistake Saxe with Turquoise.
- Sew in your ends after each square, taking care to keep the back of the pieces nice and tidy. Use a sharp darning needle and weave in each end well to prevent all your hard work from coming apart over the years.
- Mark off the blocks on the block layout diagram as you make them to keep track of where you are.
The KAL will run for 8 weeks and a pattern will be released on Monday every week.
Yarn weight: DK
Length: 145m - Big Value DK
210m - Cottonsoft DK
Needle Size: 4mm Knitting Needles & 3.25mm Knitting Needles
Ball weight: 50g - King Cole Big Value DK
100g - King Cole Cottonsoft DK
Fibre: 100% Premium Acrylic - Big Value DK
100% Cotton - Cottonsoft DK
Pattern For: Home Accessories
ATypical British Summer KAL
I am looking forward to starting this project after I get some knitted gifts finished for my friends.
Really Enjoyed A Typical British Summer KAL
Found it a pleasure to make (not quite finished yet)....love the colours, and all the different stitch techniques. Deramores yarn was lovely to knit with too. Thoroughly Enjoyable, am looking forward to another KAL
Great Fun to Knit
I'm looking forward to completing this blanket design during the dark winter days ready for next summer. New stitches and techniques to learn, but not too difficult for an intermediate knitter like me. Recommended.
Loving making this, love the subject, colours and everything about it, may not be ready for this summer but will use next year!
Lovely pattern and so easy to download and save.