This year our charity partner, the Royal British Legion, marks their centenary and 100 years of supporting the Armed Forces community. To celebrate, we are launching our 100 Years Blanket competition.
We are looking for 100 granny squares to feature in a new crafting kit and digital pattern that will be sold later on in the year to raise funds for the Royal British Legion*.
The finished blanket will feature 50 knit and 50 crochet granny squares.
To enter the competition you will need to design a 15cm (6") square in the form of a sketch, clearly labelled either knit or crochet, the yarn shades used, recommended stitches and any extra information you think we'll need to make your design a reality!
Your design can be submitted as an attached photograph of your sketch, a word document or a chart.
The final 100 Years Blanket pattern and yarn pack will be sold on site from September 2021, as part of the Deramores poppy range. We will donate a percentage of every sale to the Royal British Legion.*
You can be creative! Your design could be inspired by wild poppies, or abstract designs.
All designs must use one or more of the below shades in our very own Deramores Studio DK shades below:
What You Will Win!
If your square features on our blanket, you will win a £20 Deramores gift voucher, and your name will be credited on the product page too!
How To Enter
To enter, all we ask is you send in a photograph, word document, or PDF of your design with your full name and a short message of what inspired the design and why you are entering this competition.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Competition closes 31st July 2021
All entries must comply with the following:
Terms & Conditions
- Sketch must contain colours and stitches you would like the square to be in
- Sketch must not include the Royal British Legion trademarks – two petal poppy and logo
- Sketch must not include military imagery or motifs
- Sketch must not include religious beliefs or motifs
- Design only use Deramores Studio DK in: Frost, Fir, Peridot, Ruby, Cranberry, Ebony, Citrine, Sky and Ultramarine
- Must clearly state if the square is knit or crochet
- Each entry must contain only 1 design
- Multiple entries are allowed
- Entries must include name, sketch and email address you wish to be contacted on
- Winning design will win £20 Deramores gift voucher, your square will become part of a blanket and the pattern and yarn pack will be sold on site.
- Winning names will be listed on the product description and 50% of the RRP of the pattern will go to Royal British Legion and 10% RRP of the kit*
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm on 31st July 2021
- Entries received after this date will not be counted
- Voting will open on 1st August and close on 8th August
- Winners will be notified by 16th August 2021
- Winners must consent to their name added to the product description on the website
- Eligibility: This competition is open to anyone in the UK aged 16 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step” family), of Deramores, or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Deramores reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- The winners will be selected by an expert panel of judges
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the competition and acceptance of the prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
- Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted into future marketing. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by Deramores to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners’ list.
- All entries must be original. You must not submit any work which constitutes the intellectual property of a third party
- You understand that when you submit your entry, you are giving all the intellectual property in the entry to Deramores. Winning designs will be open to the interpretation of Deramores’ designers to translate into a technical pattern for knit or crochet.
*10% of the RRP excluding VAT from the sale of this Crafting Kit will be paid to the Royal British Legion Trading Limited (Company no. 4783730 registered in England and Wales) which gives its taxable profits to The Royal British Legion (Charity no. 219279) and Poppyscotland (Scottish Charity No. SC014096) and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland No. 194893).
50% of the RRP excluding VAT from the sale of the Digital Pattern Product will be paid to Royal British Legion Trading Limited (Company no. 4783730 registered in England and Wales) which gives its taxable profits to The Royal British Legion (Charity no. 219279) and Poppyscotland (Scottish Charity No. SC014096) and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland No. 194893).