Rainbow Mandala Entrelac Blanket Knit-Along Kit in Deramores Yarn
Develop your knitting skills and learn the intricate technique of entrelac knitting with this beautiful brightly coloured blanket Knit-Along in Deramores Studio DK.
Designed by Sarah Murray from The Cornish Knitting Company, this blanket will be the centre of attention no matter where it is placed!
“I wanted the colours to be bright eruption of colours, radiating out from the centre…For the blanket itself, I’ve only ever seen this type of blanket worked in crochet or Tunisian crochet, so it was a real challenge but an exciting one working out a knitted version. When I was knitting it, it didn’t lie flat on circular needles, so when I eventually cast off, there was quite a dramatic “reveal” when it was finally off the needles which im excited for all of those who are taking part to see for themselves!” Sarah Murray
The Pattern will be available FREE as a Digital Download and will be released over Five weeks every Wednesday at 10.00am BST on our website. To keep up to date with the KAL conversations and get help along the way please join our dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects.
Size: Approximately 155cm diameter
This knitting kit contains:
Please note: We have substituted Lapis for Blue Velvet, Ultramarine for Lapis and Aubergine for Amethyst.
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Ruby (70006)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Cranberry (70071)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peony (70003)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Purple (70009)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Amethyst (70047)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fir (70012)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Malachite (70014)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lapis (70016)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Blue Velvet (70018)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Wine (70045)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Heather (70046)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
A circular 4mm needle, 80cm in length
A circular 4mm needle, 150cm in length
Yarn weight: DK (8 Ply) Light Worsted (US3)
Length: 250m / 273yds per ball
Needle Size: Set of 4 - 4mm DPNs
4mm Circular needles in 80cm and 150cm lengths
Ball weight: 100g / 3.5oz per ball
Tension: 22 sts and 28 rows measure 10cm over stocking stitch on 4mm needles
Fibre: 100% Anti-Pilling Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C, Dry Clean - P, Do Not Bleach,Tumble Dry - Low Heat, Do Not Iron
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
I've not tried knitting this yet but I am planning to do so in the future
Brilliant pattern, gorgeous colours, cant wait to start!
Lovely blanket once you get use to the pattern it is easy to follow
It's a unique pattern. I like ve the design and easy instructions. I recommend this to anyone looking for a cheerful pattern.
Not used it yet but cant wait. Saving it for a project when the days shorten ,think it will cheer me up. Lovely colours.