Mosaic Dream Blanket Crochet-Along by Emma Leith in West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK & Deramores Studio DK
Join the Crochet-Along (CAL) with this Mosaic Dream Blanket Crochet Along. Designed by Emma Leith, Mosaic Dream is a fusion of Emma's passion for Mosaic Art and Crochet. Emma has shared her story and inspiration on this beautiful design;
"The journey with Mosaic Dream began with the little ’Floral Tiles’ that feature in Week 4. I wanted to create a new way of working with the beautiful colours in WYS ColourLab Print Prism Brights which really come alive when set against a creamy white background. Colour and texture were my primary aim for this blanket and I wanted to put a modern twist on the classic squares with a border blanket. Many of you will know I do love my bobble and popcorn stitches and whilst the bobble does make an appearance it’s really the front post double trebles that steal the limelight this time. Much of the border plays with this technique which delivers oodles of texture whilst framing the colours beautifully. This blanket is an abundance of squish and colour set against the calming neutrals of grey and cream which makes it the perfect autumn winter project!"
Choose between West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK; an evolution in colour, ColourLab DK is bursting full of rich bright colour. Reared, sheared and spun in Britain, this 100% Wool yarn is exquisitely brilliant and the quality is second to none or Deramores Studio DK; a wonderfully soft acrylic yarn which has been developed with anti-pilling technology. Perfect for knitting or crocheting garments, toys, accessories, and blankets. Winner of the British Knitting & Crochet Awards 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2019 (not that we’re ones to boast!).
The CAL will commence on 15th November 2019 for a duration of 6 weeks, with a new section of the pattern added every week, Friday at 10.00 am GMT on Website, dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects, Social Media, Blog and on our Newsletter. The Pattern will be available FREE as a Digital Download and comes in UK Terminology. The Digital Pattern will vary depending on the yarn pack chosen. Choose between West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK variant or our very own Deramores Studio DK variant from the drop-down menu above.
Size: Length - 120cm Width - 120cm
Yarn Pack - West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK:
- 1 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Frosty Blues (892)
- 1 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Summer Pinks (893)
- 1 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Prism Brights (894)
- 4 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Natural Cream (010)
- 2 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Silver Grey (137)
- 2 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Stormy Grey (373)
- 1 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Aqua Green (705)
- 1 x West Yorkshire Spinners ColourLab DK - Very Berry (647)
Yarn Pack - Deramores Studio DK:
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Aqua Green (70054)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rose (70038)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Mist (70025)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Smoke (70026)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Jade (70053)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peony (70003)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Lavender (70008)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
Pure wool responds beautifully to blocking and my top tip when working this blanket is to block it each week to keep the perfect shape. Emma will be posting tips each week on her Instagram feed, so keep your eyes peeled for those.
You will also require a 4mm Crochet hook. Discover more from Emma's colourful world of crochet on her blog.
Yarn weight: DK
Needle Size: 4mm crochet hook
Ball weight: 100g
Tension: Rounds 1 and 2 (week 1) measure 7cm
Great yarn, fast delivery, excellent service
I have been crocheting blankets and knitting garments in this yarn for a long time now. Always delighted with the yarn. Wonderful colours. Never had a problem with knots in the balls. Will always but again.
made a great afghan using this pattern, easy to follow with great results
as Always: great service