Moroccan Tiles Rug Crochet-Along Kit in Deramores Studio DK
Bringing Marrakesh’s medina to you with this stunning crochet Moroccan Rug designed by Leonie Morgan from Wool n Hook in Deramores Studio DK yarn. Bold and beautiful, our Moroccan Tiles Rug Crochet-Along is perfect as a statement centrepiece in your living room with its rich and contrasting colours.
We are offering 3 stunning colourways for you to choose from, find out what inspired each colour pack below:
Sunset Colour Pack
Morocco is a land of stunning sunsets where the sky lights up in shades of yellow, pink and magenta all made more vibrant by Saharan dust. I just had to use those colours!
Lagoon Colour Pack
I've picked shades of blue inspired by the shades of water in Oualidia lagoon for this colour pack.
Antiquity Colour Pack
I've picked more muted tones for this colour pack to convey a sense of age. The colours are inspired by the dye vats of the Chouara Tannery in Fez which has been in use since the 11th century.
Size: 90cm x 144cm (including tassels)
Terminology: UK Terms
The Pattern will be available FREE as a Digital Download and will be released over Six weeks every Tuesday at 10.00am BST on our website. To keep up to date with the CAL conversations and get help along the way please join our dedicated Facebook group - Deramores: The Projects.
This crochet kit contains:
Sunset Yarn Pack
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Wine (70045)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peony (70003)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Fuchsia (70004)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Raspberry (70005)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Rose (70038)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
Antiquity Yarn Pack
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Shiraz (70007)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Pearl (70002)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Indigo (70040)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Paprika (70055)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Latte (70060)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Butterscotch (70061)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Peach (70063)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Storm Cloud (70065)
Lagoon Yarn Pack
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Topaz (70039)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Indigo (70040)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Slate (70030)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Green Tea (70064)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Aqua Green (70054)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Ocean (70067)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Blue Velvet (70018)
4mm Crochet hook
Yarn weight: DK (8 Ply) Light Worsted (US3)
Length: 250m / 273yds per ball
Needle Size: 4mm Crochet hook
Ball weight: 100g / 3.5oz per ball
Tension: 16tr x 8/9 rows to 10cm on 4mm crochet hook
Fibre: 100% Anti-Pilling Acrylic
Care Instructions: Machine Wash - Synthetic Wash - 40°C, Dry Clean - P, Do Not Bleach, Tumble Dry - Low Heat, Do Not Iron
Format: Crochet-Along (CAL)
Pattern For: Home Accessories, Adults
I am doing the Moroccan rug and really enjoying the interesting patterns within the whole project. The wool is always a joy to work with and love the fresh pattern ideas.There is just one small gripe which is that there are a few mistakes in the pattern which i have been able to figure out but maybe be more difficult for someone new to crochet. I am taking note of the mistakes as i go and will forward them to deramores when iv completed it for correction.
I am making myself finish a project before starting this. I love the design. It will be a challenge for me but one I am sure I will enjoy.
buying proceSs was simple. email and download link received almost instantly . will buy again :)
I am finding some of the instructions difficult so I have practised on some of my old wool stash rather than mess up the kit. Have loved learning new methods and am really pleased with the results so far. Still got some way to go but enjoying working in the colour scheme chosen. i had to ask for help on the Facebook page and was soon sorted. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
I haven't done very much of this yet but it seems nice, I'd say it's definitely worth downloading as it's a beautiful looking moroccian inspired pattern. I'm using deramores DK as my yarn it's looking nice so far.