Rainbow Spirit Baby Blanket by TheCurioCraftsRoom in Scheepjes Catona 25g & Spirit
The Rainbow Spirit Blanket is a colourful blanket that can easily be adjusted to any size. It is worked double stranded with two yarns that perhaps you wouldn't think to use together. The result is a lovely tweedy effect and a wonderfully soft fabric. Ideal for baby blankets. Designed by the talented Christa Veenstra from TheCurioCraftsRoom.
This Yarn Pack contains:
- 3 x Scheepjes Spirit - Eagle (303)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Royal Orange (189)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Yellow Gold (208)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Green Yellow (245)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Apple Green (389)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Cyan (397)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Powder Blue (384)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Delphinium (113)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Colonial Rose (398)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Shocking Pink (114)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Light Coral (264)
- 1 x Scheepjes Catona 25g - Lemon Chiffon (100)
Blanket comes in one size 73 x 81cm and you will require 5mm and 5.5mm Crochet hooks, Blocking material and a Tapestry needle.
Please Note: This is a Yarn Pack ONLY, the FREE Pattern can be found here.
Yarn weight: 4 Ply/ DK
Length: 63m/210m per ball
Needle Size: 5mm, 5.5mm Crochet Hooks
Ball weight: 11 x 25g, 3 x 50g
Fibre: 100% Mercerized Cotton, 56% Cotton / 44% Acrylic
Format: Yarn Pack
Pattern For: Babies, Children
- baby brain
I love these yarns used separately and when they are used together the effect is beautiful. Spirit is a fuzzy yarn that blends beautifully with the Catona (although the fuzziness makes it harder to frog).
Just read the other reviews. I don't know how anyone didnt like the colours. They are gorgeous. Had to go down a size in the hook so I recommend doing a tension square. Beautiful colours, easy pattern. Just beautiful!
Thought the colours would be a lot more muted like the photographs so was surprised they were so bold. Otherwise pleased with the kit.
A great project for my new baby. I have been struggling to focus on complex patterns (darned baby brain) and this was super memorable.
Very easy to follow pattern. Beautiful combination of colours