Trio of Owls by Julia Marsh in Stylecraft Batik & Batik Elements
Knit up this cute little family of owls designed by Julia Marsh of Hand Knitted Things. They're easy to make with knit and purl stitches in contrasting colours and textures. With the addition of large rustic buttons creating the whimsical character features.
The finished sizes are:
- Small Owl - 9 x 10 x 6 cm
- Medium Owl - 14 x 14 x 8 cm
- Large Owl - 16 x 20 x 4 cm
This kit contains:
- 1 x PDF Pattern
- 2 x Stylecraft Batik Elements - Magnesium
- 1 x Stylecraft Batik - Biscuit
- 1 x Stylecraft Batik - Old Gold
Please note you will also need:
- 1 x 3mm needle (small owl)
- 1 x 3.25mm needle (medium and large owl)
- 1 x 5mm needle (large owl)
- 1 x 3.5mm crochet hook (for the feet)
- 2 x 20mm buttons
- 2 x 30mm buttons
- 2 x 40mm buttons
- 6 x decorative 10mm buttons
- 2 x large handfuls of toy filling.
The pattern is easy to follow and my owls turned out very well.
Yarn was easy to use and has a nice quality. Pattern was easy to follow, although I did tweak it a bit and made the owls in one piece with only a back seam instead of two pieces with seams on the side. I will definitely make more!
Love the wool, love the owls, However I can only give this 3 stars due to measurements in the pattern being completely incorrect, they are given in cm and inches, eg 16cm (8ins), these measurements do not correspond with each other since 16cm is only just over 6ins, nor do they achieve the desired square. Such a shame, I wish I could give this 5 stars.
Easy to follow pattern. I like the wool colours. I’ve only made the middle size one so far but I’m sure I’ll make the others as well.
Only just started knitting but knitting up very nice.colours are lovely