Indian Summer - The Official Deramores 2018 CAL by Leonie Morgan
This year we have asked the talented Leonie Morgan to create the Official 2018 Deramores CAL. Leonie Morgan has shared her story of the CAL with us and we thought what better way than to share it with you.
"The CAL began with the central square originally designed in completely different colours. The square had a lovely floral mandala at its centre and an Indian feel so I knew that would provide the theme for the whole blanket. After much fussing I settled on the colours for the CAL which reminded me of Indian Summers when the bold blues of summer soften into hazy autumn and sneaky shades of rust and umber creep into the landscape. So, merging the two ideas came the name for the CAL! Indian Summer
There are lots of Front Raised (UK) / Front Post (US) stitches and some popcorn stitches which give the finished blanket a lovely tactile surface. As there is quite a bit going on visually with this blanket I opted for a fairly simple border to tie it all together."
The finished Blanket size is 120cm x 180cm and Pattern comes in both US and UK Crochet Terminology. Suitable for Intermediate or Adventurous Beginners. You will require a 4mm (G size) Crochet Hook but if you are a very tight crocheter you may wish to go up a size, or, if your tension is very loose go down a size.
The CAL will start on 20th September 2018 and will last for 6 weeks, with a new section of the pattern added every week on Website, Social Media and on our Newsletter. Pattern release will be every Thursday at 10:00am GMT.
These colour packs consists of:
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK in Paprika
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK in Blush/ Rose
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK in Gingerbread
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK in Oatmeal
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK in Green Tea
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK in Topaz
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK in Storm Cloud/ Blue Velvet
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK in Pearl
Indian Summer Haze - Colourway 2
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Blush (70043)/ Rose (70038)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Light Pink (70034)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Rosemary (70070)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Amethyst (70047)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Heather (70046)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Green Tea (70064)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Dusky Lilac (70056)
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Oatmeal (70020)
Indian Summer Beach - Colourway 3
- 1 x Deramores Studio DK - Mustard (70058)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Aqua Green (70054)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Burnt Orange (70059)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Citrine (70042)
- 2 x Deramores Studio DK - Ocean (70067)
- 3 x Deramores Studio DK - Vanilla (70068)
- 4 x Deramores Studio DK - Lime (70069)
- 5 x Deramores Studio DK - Frost (70001)
Remember, you’ll SAVE 10% when you buy all the yarn together as a colour pack and the pattern is available for free. To access the Digital Pattern you can choose the drop down above and check out as normal.
Please Note: Pattern comes in UK and US terminology and in Digital format.
Lovely yarn and detailed pattern, I’ve never done anything like this before and was sceptical that I could do it but I’ve completed my first large square and it’s turned out much better than I could have expected. The yarn is lovely to work with and the colours are great.
I haven't started my project yet but happy with the quality of the yarn I ordered. Looking forward to starting it. Delivered when it was expected. Very happy.
I ordered the Indian summer CAL pack. Immediately after I ordered I realized I forgot to choose “beach” theme. Sent a message to customer service to see if it can be changed before shipping. I got one response saying they would address concerns later. That’s all I got. I live in Texas and it was easier to keep it than go through the return process. The yarn is great! I love it!
Am looking forward to beginning this pattern, I've my colours chosen and will begin when I finish my antique granny blanket
Loving the FREE mystery pattern? It's going to be my Christmas indulgence. Two weeks of hookery and I'm trying soooo hard to maintain the mystery